Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
hsg hsg is offline

Default saving a macro

How to save a macro, such that it is available for all excel files.
I tried to save, but it always saves in a particular file. How it can be made
available to all excel files?

Please help

hsg
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
save your macro in the personal.xls file

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

hsg wrote:
How to save a macro, such that it is available for all excel files.
I tried to save, but it always saves in a particular file. How it can
be made available to all excel files?

Please help

hsg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
hsg hsg is offline

I did not find any file named "personal.xls" on searching computer. If that
is to be created, where should it be placed? I am using Excel 2003.

hsg wrote:
How to save a macro, such that it is available for all excel files.
I tried to save, but it always saves in a particular file. How it can
be made available to all excel files?

Please help

hsg

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Frank's reply was correct, but didn't consider language defaults.
The name of the personal macro workbook depends on the language version of
Excel you're using.

For instance in a Dutch version the workbook is called: "persnlk.xls".

However there are ways of detecting the name and location of your perssnal
macro workbook.

First:
try finding folder "xlstart" this is the location where Excel normally
stores the personal macro workbook.
Then lok for the files (any file) stored.

Second:
Go to menu Window. Give command Unhide.
The personal macro workbook should be hidden.
If you unhide the workbook and then try to save as... the browser should
detect the path where the file is stored at the moment.
Just write down the path and you know where to find the personal macro
workbook.

HTH

regards,

Sybolt

Macro For Saving As .txt jshendel Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 August 4th 08 08:18 PM
Saving Macro whatzzup Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 24th 08 09:22 AM
Help with saving a Macro Keepsmiling1228 Excel Worksheet Functions 1 April 2nd 08 12:31 AM
Saving a macro Bill New Users to Excel 1 July 12th 07 08:53 AM
Saving without Macro mrbalaje Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 May 6th 05 11:41 AM