Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel query object

I'm not new to VBA or VB, it's just been a while since I've done some VBA
behind Excel. I just need to add a bit of programming behind this
spreadsheet. I need to prompt the user for 3 data items and then run an SQL
stored procedure. I have created the spreadsheet and the datasource being
the results of the stored query. So now, is there a VBA Excel object where
I can get to (and modify) the SP call to insert the user's input for the 3
data items? I.e. I can press the button "Edit query" and see the "Exec
<SPNAME 'Parm1', 'Parm2', 'Parm3', but can I get to it thru VBA and a
worksheet object/property?

TIA!
Bryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Has anyone any ideas at all about this? I keep trying to write just a bit
of VBA behind this spreadsheet to pull data from a query and it keeps
getting Application Defined Error '3704'. I think if I were able to access
some query object and update that, it might work where what I'm doing now is
not. Thanx!