Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Bryan Dickerson Bryan Dickerson is offline

Default Excel query object

Has anyone any ideas at all about this? I keep trying to write just a bit
of VBA behind this spreadsheet to pull data from a query and it keeps
getting Application Defined Error '3704'. I think if I were able to access
some query object and update that, it might work where what I'm doing now is
not. Thanx!

"Bryan Dickerson" wrote in message
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

"Bryan Dickerson" wrote in message
I'm not new to VBA or VB, it's just been a while since I've done some

VBA
behind Excel. I just need to add a bit of programming behind this
spreadsheet. I need to prompt the user for 3 data items and then run an

SQL
stored procedure. I have created the spreadsheet and the datasource

being
the results of the stored query. So now, is there a VBA Excel object

where
I can get to (and modify) the SP call to insert the user's input for the

3
data items? I.e. I can press the button "Edit query" and see the "Exec
<SPNAME 'Parm1', 'Parm2', 'Parm3', but can I get to it thru VBA and a
worksheet object/property?

TIA!
Bryan