Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default lock cells

Greetings,

As a newbee to VBA I could use some help he

I have a small spread sheet that uses A1:G5 the cells in question are
Columns D-G

D1=Powered
E1=Glider
F1=Corporate
G1=Member Owned

D2, E2, F2, G2 should allow for an "X" only in the cell.
An "X" in D1 should Lock E2 and vice-versa
An "X" in F2 should Lock G2 and vice-versa

TIA
Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe you could use Data|Validation.

Select your range D2:G99???

then with D2 the active cell
Data|Validation
Custom
and use a formula of:

=($D2&$E2="x")

And uncheck the "ignore blank" box.

And similarly with F:G.

=======
But I think I'd take a slightly different approach.

I'd use two columns.
In column D, I'd put P (powered) or G (glider)
And use Data|validation
List
d,p,D,P

And I could use the mouse to select the one I want.

You could use a formula like:

=countif(d1:d999,"P")
to count the number of powered planes.

--