Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default HOW DO I LOCK CERTAIN CELLS

Can somebody tell me how I can lock our certain cells, rows or columns from
others being able to change anything in those cells. I of course want to
password portect to that I can go in with my password and change certain
cells, rows or columns later on. Using Microsoft Excel 2007 on Windows Vista.

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try the following;

Cntrl+A
Cntrl+1
In the protection tab uncheck "LOCKED" box
Select your specific cell(s)
Cntrl+1
Check "LOCKED" box the protection tab

Protect your sheet with passwrod..

"Dan A." wrote:

Can somebody tell me how I can lock our certain cells, rows or columns from
others being able to change anything in those cells. I of course want to
password portect to that I can go in with my password and change certain
cells, rows or columns later on. Using Microsoft Excel 2007 on Windows Vista.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select All the active cells in your worksheet. Then click on Home tab
Format Cells Protection and untick Locked OK
Now select cells that you wish to lock and repeat above procedure except
tick Locked OK
Now click Review tab and select Protect Sheet. You can enter a password (you
can also place a tick against any other features you might want to carry out
e.g. format columns) OK
Cells are now locked against modification
Hope this helps
Incidentally you don't have to shout (caps in heading !!!!)

"Dan A." wrote:

Can somebody tell me how I can lock our certain cells, rows or columns from
others being able to change anything in those cells. I of course want to
password portect to that I can go in with my password and change certain
cells, rows or columns later on. Using Microsoft Excel 2007 on Windows Vista.

Thanks for any help.

Lock Cells Neil Pearce Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 May 1st 08 04:05 AM
Lock Cells Snook Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 January 16th 08 06:41 PM
why do some cells not lock? CDecuir Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 16th 07 08:31 PM
lock cells Novice New Users to Excel 4 November 30th 06 01:44 AM
how can I lock certain cells? Linds Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 20th 05 10:46 PM