Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How do I hide a shell command called from VBA in Excel

I am executing the Shell function in a Visual Basic program to validate the
contents of an Excel spreadsheet and transmit the data to a mainframe file
using the Windows FTP command.
I am using the Win32 API documented in the following knowledge base article:

The issue is that the user sees the command window open briefly. Does
anyone know of a way to hide the command window?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You might try this slight code modification. No promises but it hide the
shelled app for me.

' Initialize the STARTUPINFO structu
start.cb = Len(start)
start.dwFlags = 1 '<<Add this

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
|I am executing the Shell function in a Visual Basic program to validate the
| contents of an Excel spreadsheet and transmit the data to a mainframe file
| using the Windows FTP command.
| I am using the Win32 API documented in the following knowledge base
article:

| The issue is that the user sees the command window open briefly. Does
| anyone know of a way to hide the command window?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It worked for me too.
Thank you.

Shell command MAx Excel Programming 2 June 4th 04 04:11 PM
Shell command stopped working: is it part of Excel 95 , or Windows? Charles Jordan Excel Programming 9 May 4th 04 06:39 AM
xp shell command using vba Sudhendra Excel Programming 2 February 16th 04 05:56 AM
Writing Command Shell (stdOut) to Excel Cells Ryan Waltz Excel Programming 0 January 28th 04 10:52 PM
SHELL command Robin Clay[_3_] Excel Programming 3 October 17th 03 02:50 PM