-   -   How do I hide a shell command called from VBA in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/318508-how-do-i-hide-shell-command-called-vba-excel.html)

Robert Lyriotakis

How do I hide a shell command called from VBA in Excel

I am executing the Shell function in a Visual Basic program to validate the
contents of an Excel spreadsheet and transmit the data to a mainframe file
using the Windows FTP command.
I am using the Win32 API documented in the following knowledge base article:

The issue is that the user sees the command window open briefly. Does
anyone know of a way to hide the command window?

Jim Rech

How do I hide a shell command called from VBA in Excel

You might try this slight code modification. No promises but it hide the
shelled app for me.

' Initialize the STARTUPINFO structu
start.cb = Len(start)
start.dwFlags = 1 '<<Add this

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
|I am executing the Shell function in a Visual Basic program to validate the
| contents of an Excel spreadsheet and transmit the data to a mainframe file
| using the Windows FTP command.
| I am using the Win32 API documented in the following knowledge base
article:

| The issue is that the user sees the command window open briefly. Does
| anyone know of a way to hide the command window?

Robert Lyriotakis

How do I hide a shell command called from VBA in Excel

It worked for me too.
Thank you.