Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Default Change Caption of Forms Command Button

I just created using the Forms Toolbar a Command Button
assigning a Macro to it; Unfortunately It shows "Button 14"
without the quotes.. When I right-click on the button I'd
expect a short-cut menu to come up with Format, etc. but
nothing happens. be able to alter it. How can I change the
caption?
TIA,
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jim,

Select the button by right-clicking it (it will be surrounded by a grey
hatching), then use the mouse to select the button text, and over-type it.

--

HTH

RP

wrote in message
I just created using the Forms Toolbar a Command Button
assigning a Macro to it; Unfortunately It shows "Button 14"
without the quotes.. When I right-click on the button I'd
expect a short-cut menu to come up with Format, etc. but
nothing happens. be able to alter it. How can I change the
caption?
TIA,
Jim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Another Q:
How do I even Delete a Forms Command Button?
Grrrr...
TIA,

I just created using the Forms Toolbar a Command Button
assigning a Macro to it; Unfortunately It shows "Button

14"
without the quotes.. When I right-click on the button

I'd
expect a short-cut menu to come up with Format, etc. but
nothing happens. be able to alter it. How can I change

the
caption?
TIA,
Jim

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

Bob:
When I right-click on the button nothing happens;
When I move the mouse over the button the Hand-in-Glove
appears (and the macro runs if I left-click on it). Now I
just want to delete the button and create a new button for
the same macro and this time rename it before exiting out.
Tks,

wrote in message
I just created using the Forms Toolbar a Command Button
assigning a Macro to it; Unfortunately It shows "Button

14"
without the quotes.. When I right-click on the button

I'd
expect a short-cut menu to come up with Format, etc. but
nothing happens. be able to alter it. How can I change

the
caption?
TIA,
Jim

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

No, it is not.

wrote in message
Bob:
When I right-click on the button nothing happens;
When I move the mouse over the button the Hand-in-Glove
appears (and the macro runs if I left-click on it). Now

just want to delete the button and create a new button

for
the same macro and this time rename it before exiting

out.
Tks,
Jim

Select the button by right-clicking it (it will be

surrounded by a grey
hatching), then use the mouse to select the button

text,
and over-type it.

--

HTH

RP
(remove nothere from the email address if mailing

direct)

wrote in message
I just created using the Forms Toolbar a Command

Button
assigning a Macro to it; Unfortunately It

shows "Button
14"
without the quotes.. When I right-click on the

button
I'd
expect a short-cut menu to come up with Format, etc.

but
nothing happens. be able to alter it. How can I

change
the
caption?
TIA,
Jim

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

if this button is on a spreadsheet (rather than a userform), first click on
the 'design mode' button (turqoise set-square image on my pc), then you can
left-click to select or right-click to bring up the short-cut menu - make
sure you turn deisgn mode off again, to be able to click on it and make it
work.

hth,

tim

No, it is not.