Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Forms Command Button - Removal

Several times I've created a command button (from the
Forms Toolbar) to run a given Macro. Later I realize
I wish to delete the macro AND the Command button.
NONE of my workbboks or worksheets are PROTECTED.
When I right-click on the button hoping it will come
Up in edit mode for me to delete - but nothing happens.
Any suggestions (on how to delete an unwanted button)?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make sure the worksheet is unprotected.

And if by chance, you meant a commandbutton from the Control toolbox toolbar
(not a button from the Forms toolbar), show that control toolbox toolbar and
click on the design mode icon.

Delete the commandbutton and click the design mode button once more.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To insure that a Worksheet is Not Protected -- Do you
Do so by going to the Menu, Tools, Protection ,, and if you
See "Protect Sheet..." and "Protect Workbook..." -- then
Neither are protected, RIGHT?

Contra if you see "Unprotect Sheet..." and or "Unprotect Workbook..."
Then THEY ARE PROTECTED.. RIGHT?

TIA,
Jim

:

JMay wrote:

Several times I've created a command button (from the
Forms Toolbar) to run a given Macro. Later I realize
I wish to delete the macro AND the Command button.
NONE of my workbboks or worksheets are PROTECTED.
When I right-click on the button hoping it will come
Up in edit mode for me to delete - but nothing happens.
Any suggestions (on how to delete an unwanted button)?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I glance at the toolbar--when the worksheet is protected lots and lots of icons
are greyed out.

But, yep, going through the menu system should work.

Did you try the control toolbox stuff?

:

JMay wrote:

Several times I've created a command button (from the
Forms Toolbar) to run a given Macro. Later I realize
I wish to delete the macro AND the Command button.
NONE of my workbboks or worksheets are PROTECTED.
When I right-click on the button hoping it will come
Up in edit mode for me to delete - but nothing happens.
Any suggestions (on how to delete an unwanted button)?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

i find right click and CUT does the trick.....
--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!