Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
melliott1963

Default Component not correctly registered Error opening Forms in Excel

I've currently got both Office 2000 and Office 2003 installed on my PC and
have had no problem until yesterday.

When I open any Excel file which contains macros and forms and then open the
Visual Basic Editor, I get the error "Component not correctly registered"
appear twice. I am not able to open any of the forms once in the VBE and get
the same error if I try. I know that the Excel files are fine and not
corrupted.

This happens in both versions of Excel. Also, if I create a new spreadsheet
and then create a new custom form, I get the VBAProject Password dialog box
pop up when I try and look at the references. Again this happens with both
versions of Excel.

Finally, trying to export the forms gives me the "Component not correctly
registered" error.

I assumed that the problem was caused by the Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object
Library, but this appears to be OK when you look at the project references.
I've also tried the following:-

* Unregistered the FM20.dll and reregistered it.
* Replaced FM20.dll and FM20ENU.dll with new copies.
* Run a repair on both office versions.
* Totally uninstalled both versions of Excel, rebooted and then reinstalled
them.

All with no luck.

However, I now suspect that the problem isn't to do with the MS Forms 2.0
Object library and I am able to create forms using Word with no problem
whatsoever.

Can anyone suggest where to go from here? I know a total rebuild of my PC
should fix the problem but I will only do this as a last resort.

Thanks in advance for any help.