Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Convert Excel into a CSV file automatically

Could someone let me know how it is possible to programm the automatic
convertion of an excel file into a CSV file ?

That would be great
Thanks
Serge
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For an elegant solution, see Walkenbach's Excel Power Programming with VBA
book. It discusses how to create a whole CSV Class.

For a quick and dirty solution, try something like:
ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= NAME, FileFormat:= xlCSVMSDOS

"serge" wrote:

Could someone let me know how it is possible to programm the automatic
convertion of an excel file into a CSV file ?

That would be great
Thanks
Serge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am not familiar with VBA for the moment. Where do I have to write your
code ? Into VBA directly ?

I know that this is a very stupid question and I apologize in advance :-)

Thanks for your help
Serge

"serge" wrote:

Could someone let me know how it is possible to programm the automatic
convertion of an excel file into a CSV file ?

That would be great
Thanks
Serge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why can't you go to the menu and do

file=SaveAS
and in the file type dropdown, select CSV.

Tom Ogilvy

"serge" wrote:

Could someone let me know how it is possible to programm the automatic
convertion of an excel file into a CSV file ?

That would be great
Thanks
Serge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Serge:

If Tom's solution is not acceptable I would suggest that you invest in a
good book covering VBA or get a personal introduction from an experienced
user.

With that being said. Hit Alt+F11 to lauch the VBE, insert a module, and
type your code into the module. It will most likely take a lot of tinkering
and time spent reading the help topics for you to become proficient in VBA.