Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Path/File Access error: "VB3B.tmp

Hi

I recieve the above error when moving data from one excel file t
another...but only onthe second move of data...the first time i do i
works fine. The only way to do a second move of data is to reboot m
pc. It says its a Visual Basic error. I have read somewhere that i
my be a sharing violation ie it thinks im connected to this file fro
my first move of data...is this correct

Any ideas how to stop this VB error
--------
www.coffeecozy.co

Use your Bodum and give up cold coffee for good!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you are doing this using Automation from outside Excel or you are
starting multiple instances of Excel using automation, there is a good
chance that at least one of the instances of Excel has not closed and this
is causing the error.

Look in the task manager before running it a second time and see if Excel is
still running.

Tom Ogilvy

"rango316 - ExcelForums.com"
wrote in message ...
Hi,

I recieve the above error when moving data from one excel file to
another...but only onthe second move of data...the first time i do it
works fine. The only way to do a second move of data is to reboot my
pc. It says its a Visual Basic error. I have read somewhere that it
my be a sharing violation ie it thinks im connected to this file from
my first move of data...is this correct?

Any ideas how to stop this VB error?
---------
www.coffeecozy.com

Use your Bodum and give up cold coffee for good!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

nothing is running in task manager...but I think we are thinking alon
the same track...Somehow the first move of data process i run is stil
connected the this faile VB3B.tmp and therefore on the second attemp
it gives an access error...only when the PC is rebooted is it o
again...but rebooting is becoming tedious

Any ideas anyone
--------
www.coffeecozy.co

Use your Bodum and give up cold coffee for good!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

sorry 'the this faile' = to this fil
--------
www.coffeecozy.co

Use your Bodum and give up cold coffee for good!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

One possible and common cause is bad programming. If an VB program (or a
macro) opens access to a specific filename "as #1" and don't close it again,
the next attempt to open "#1" and/or open this filename will err just like
that.

If this is the cause, it's fixed by changing the VB code a little.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"rango316 - ExcelForums.com"
skrev i melding ...