Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default voice recording option on excel

Hi All,
I want to create userform with one button which allows me to record my
voice directly.Is that possible on excel?Can anyone type me code for
that?Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks million,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You'll need to have a .wav recorder on your computer that can accept
script commands to put it into "record" mode and to hand it the location of
where to store the .wav file once it's done recording. In Excel, the button
of which you speak would have to activate the recording software, hand it the
necessary scripts, recognize when it is done recording, and log the location
of the resultant file. All of this supposes, however, that your voice
recording software can handle all of this communication into MS Office
products and, while I'm not the final authority on this topic, I don't know
of any package that will do that (at least, not easily).

Steve in Ohio

"Baha" wrote:

Hi All,
I want to create userform with one button which allows me to record my
voice directly.Is that possible on excel?Can anyone type me code for
that?Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks million,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Baha,

Try this on an a worksheet.

Under Insert Object Create New scroll down to Wave Sound OK

With your microphone at the ready, click on the RED dot and record your
message, click on the BLACK square when done with message.

Dismiss the "Sound Object in Book2" by clicking on the X and you will be
left with a EMBED("SoundRec","") which will be named something like Object 9
in the name box if you click on the speaker icon.

Assign similar code to a button from the Forms tool bar to play your
recorded message.

Sub MyVoice()
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Object 9").Select
Selection.Verb Verb:=xlPrimary
End Sub

You can move the speaker to a remote spot by the click and drag method if
needed.

HTH
Regards,
Howard