Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Strategy Query

I have two .xlS files:

- one has 300 (variable #) records with each record consisting o
two rows of mostly numerical data over 10 columns and a blank ro
between each record;

- the other has 20 (variable #) records with each record consistin
of one row in one column (same column for all records); the one cel
for each record is an alphanumeric string consisting of 16 - 2
characters - this string type is also the first column of the firs
spreadsheet. There are no blank rows between records.

I want to use the second file as an index for the first one, in that
want to use the second file to capture two rows of data for record
that have matching alphanumeric strings. Or in other words, I want t
use the second file to eliminate all "non-matching string" records fro
the first file.

Does anyone have any tips on how I might proceed using VBA code?
Thanks in advance,
Chuckles12

--
Chuckles12