Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Formula reference index?

Not an easy one... I don't know of a property which reports it over the
sheet boundary.

"Doug Glancy" wrote in message
Rob,

After I asked it occurred to me that that's all Help is talkng about.

I'm trying to trace off-sheet links and I was hoping for something that
also accessed references to other sheets and workbooks. Precendents and
DirectPrecedents don't do that, which is what brought me to NavigateArrow
in the first place. My code does a NavigateArrow and then compares the
sheet and workbook of the new activecell to those in which the link is.
However, if the arrow refers to a different workbook and that workbook is
closed then the activecell remains in the workbook with the link and my
test for an off-sheet precedent fails.

Thanks,

Doug

"Rob van Gelder" wrote in message
Sub test()
Dim rng As Range

For Each rng In Range("A5").DirectPrecedents
Debug.Print rng.Address
Next

"Doug Glancy" wrote in message
From VBA help for the NavigateArrow method is this description of the
its second parameter:
"ArrowNumber Optional Variant. Specifies the arrow number to navigate;
corresponds to the numbered reference in the cell's formula."

I'm interested in accessing the "numbered reference." I imagine
something like:
range("A1").formula.references(1),
but I can't figure out anything. Is there a way to access the
references in a formula?

Thanks,

Doug Glancy