Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Hiding Macros

When I am finished writing macros and securing the sheets
I would like to stop users being able to read the macros
as in some cases I might have a password embedded. How
can I stop users seeing or breaking into my macros
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the VBA Editor, go to the Tools menu, choose "VBA Project
Properties" then the "Protection" tab. There, check the "Lock
project for viewing" option and assign a password.

Note that there are tools freely available on the net that can
crack these passwords. There is no truly secure way to protect
VBA code.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Gerrym" wrote in message
When I am finished writing macros and securing the sheets
I would like to stop users being able to read the macros
as in some cases I might have a password embedded. How
can I stop users seeing or breaking into my macros

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the VBE with your workbook with the code the active project, go to
Tools= "vbaproject name" properties

where vbaproject name would be replaced with the name of your project (which
is shown in the project explorer as part of the root name of your project
and this name should be something other than vbaproject - the default).

Anyway, this has the options for password protecting your project.
Tom Ogilvy

"Gerrym" wrote in message
When I am finished writing macros and securing the sheets
I would like to stop users being able to read the macros
as in some cases I might have a password embedded. How
can I stop users seeing or breaking into my macros

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

go to tools-macros-visual basic editor. Right click Microsoft Exce
Object which is below VBA project-click VBAProject Properties -clic
protection tab- select "lock project for viewing", enter password an
confirm password and click ok.

save the workbook, close it and open it again.

Now you won't be able to see the code unless you type in password

--
anilsolipura
anilsolipuram's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1627