Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Post to Public Folders

I did a record macro to post a workbook to public folders. When I hit stop
and go to the VBA Editor there is no code. But if I assign this same macro
to a button. Then click on it it works. But I see no code and I need to see
the code so that I can make an adjustment.

In the end I would like to be able to save a workbook as a certain name
depending on what is in certain cells and then post it automatically to a
public folder.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Where are you looking?
If you drop the "Project Explorer" menu in the VBE the recorded macro should
be in a folder marked "Modules" under your project name. It will be called
"Module1" (or "2", etc), depending on how many you've done.

--
Regards
Rob
"Maria K Brickl" wrote in message
I did a record macro to post a workbook to public folders. When I hit stop
and go to the VBA Editor there is no code. But if I assign this same macro
to a button. Then click on it it works. But I see no code and I need to see
the code so that I can make an adjustment.

In the end I would like to be able to save a workbook as a certain name
depending on what is in certain cells and then post it automatically to a
public folder.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes that is where I'm looking. The Macro is there but there is no coding. So
how the heck can it actually work as a macro if there is no coding????

Try it once. Just create a excel document. Add a button. Then record a macro
where you send to public folders, Stop. Then assign the macro to the button
you created. Click the button. Voila it goes to the folder. But why isn't
the macro coding showing up in the object window?

It just shows like this:

Sub Macro4()
'
' Macro4 Macro
' Macro recorded 11/18/2004 by Maria K Lindquist
'

'
End Sub

"RWN" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maria

ToolsMacroMacros

Select your macro and "Edit"

Alternative................

Hit ALT + F11 to get to VBEditor

Hit CRTL + r to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and hit the "+" box to expand.

You should see a Module1.

Double-click on that to open it and see your code.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:01:12 -0600, "Maria K Brickl" wrote:

I did a record macro to post a workbook to public folders. When I hit stop
and go to the VBA Editor there is no code. But if I assign this same macro
to a button. Then click on it it works. But I see no code and I need to see
the code so that I can make an adjustment.

In the end I would like to be able to save a workbook as a certain name
depending on what is in certain cells and then post it automatically to a
public folder.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maria,
I would imagine that it's because that functionality is not part of Excel
and hence the macro recorder has no idea of what you doing.

NickHK