Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pasting a portion of a Merged Range

Hello all, I hope someone has a solution to my problem out there.

I am writing a COM addin for Excel 2000 that gathers data from save
workbooks within a given folder. In my addin, it has the capability o
pasting portions of the column headings and/or row headings and work
fine as long as neither contain portions of a merged range (i.e. m
range I am copying is B1:B3 however cell B1 is part of the merged rang
of A1:C1).

In cases where the MergeCells = True, I divert to a subroutine tha
copies the values and then enumerates through each format setting an
duplicates that as well.

Suffice it to say, the sub really slows things down. Is there
quicker way to copy the styles to the new sheet or just copying th
cells that I want without having to bring the remaining merged cell
with? Unmerging cells is not an option because many of the workbook
this addin would deal with are protected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :cool

--
tssop
tssopa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1660