Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default LeftFooterPicture instruction does not appear to work

Does anyone have any idea why the following command does NOT work when placed
in a macro:

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooterPicture.Filename = _
"[filename]"

Where [filename] is the full name including path of a picture file whose
existence I have verified.

Any info would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I have found the sample code in MSDN
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...terPicture.asp)
and it won't work for me either. Maybe it is the Office vesion issue: I use
Office 2000 (XL 9) and the above address (.../vbaxl10/...) suggests that the
code is applicable to XL 10. There seems to be no explicit indication of
that though.

my 2 cents.
KL

"Guackyxxx" wrote in message
Does anyone have any idea why the following command does NOT work when
placed
in a macro:

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooterPicture.Filename = _
"[filename]"

Where [filename] is the full name including path of a picture file whose
existence I have verified.

Any info would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks KL for the reference. I note that at the bottom of that code, the
follwoing appears:

' Enable the image to show up in the left footer.
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooter = "&G"

Note It is required that "&G" is a part of the LeftFooter property string
in order for the image to show up in the left footer.

I am going to add this to see if this resolves the problem, and will post
accordingly.

"Guackyxxx" wrote in message
Does anyone have any idea why the following command does NOT work when
placed
in a macro:

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooterPicture.Filename = _
"[filename]"

Where [filename] is the full name including path of a picture file whose
existence I have verified.

Any info would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Facinating:

As per KLs post, the code in the MSDN library works but ONLY if you make
sure (per instructions) to add:

' Enable the image to show up in the left footer.
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooter = "&G"

or

' Enable the image to show up in the right footer.
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = "&G"

Of course!

"Guackyxxx" wrote in message
Does anyone have any idea why the following command does NOT work when
placed
in a macro:

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooterPicture.Filename = _
"[filename]"

Where [filename] is the full name including path of a picture file whose
existence I have verified.

Any info would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

xl2000 doesn't support graphics in footers.

Tom Ogilvy

"KL" wrote in message
I have found the sample code in MSDN

(http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...-us/vbaxl10/ht