Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default if x = true then do y, possible?

thank you for the responses. I entered the code but it's not working.
know I'm leaving something out and I'm sure it has to do with th
ComboBox1_Change() startup. What I have is a drop-down list o
companies, about 75. Its on a Sheet labeled "Input", there is a
"Other" item in the list. The user will select either other or one o
the companies. This relates to the "quote" sheet. On the contrac
sheet, if the user selects ANY of the companies it will say "this quot
is provided in accordance to the contract already signed." if the
select Other from the list, I would like a jpg of a generic contract t
pop up at the end of the contract, in cell B50.

I've created my drop-down list and it works fine, but I'm not sure wha
the best method is to complete the quote. I know that the code you gav
me, anilsolipuram, is where I need to be. Below I have copied an
pasted my code, I'm just not sure how to activate it or maybe I'
naming it wrong somewhere.

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()

Dim pic As Object
Dim t As String

If ComboBox1.Value = "Other" Then
Sheets("Quote").Select
ActiveSheet.Range("B50").Select
ActiveSheet.Range("B50").Value = ""
Set pic = ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert("K:\Bids & Proposals Departmen
Folder\Bids\Quick Quote Calculator\Image\tocstandard.jpg")
pic.Width = ActiveSheet.Range("B50").Width
pic.Height = ActiveSheet.Range("B50").Height
pic.Left = ActiveSheet.Range("B50").Left
pic.Top = ActiveSheet.Range("B50").Top
t = pic.Name
Application.CommandBars("Picture").Visible = False

Else
Sheets("Quote").Select
If t < "" Then
ActiveSheet.Shapes(t).Select
ActiveSheet.Shapes(t).Delete
t = ""
End If

ActiveSheet.Range("B50").Select

ActiveSheet.Range("B50").Value = ""
ActiveSheet.Range("B50").Value = "This agreement provided as per th
conditions in your current contract."
End If
End Su

--