Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Reading the separator from the regional settings in Excel 2002

I know there is a problem in excel 2002, that with saving as a CSV excel uses
always the US-Setting as regional settings (not using your choice for the
seperator). If I open a *.csv with excel 2002 it uses the regional settings
for the separator. So you have only one chance (microsoft workaround): Change
your separator to the US-style (","). In my VBA application I want to check
this with the following code:

list_sep = Application.International(xlListSeparator)

to ask for the separator. But with an english WindowsXP with an english
XL2002 I always receive an ";" also with an "," as separator in the regional
settings. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Tom, there is no field for the list seperator in the International Tab.
But this not my problem. I only want to know why I read a ";" with the
xllistseparator when I have changed it in the XP-regional settings from ";"
to ",". My regional options are "German (Germnay) and the default list
separator in German is ";". But I have changed it via customize to "," so
IMHO xllistseparator should deliver me a ",". You dont think so?