Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Reading the separator from the regional settings in Excel 2002

IF you're using xl2002 or newer, you could also use the LOCAL argument
in OpenText method.

--
keepITcool

Thomas wrote :

I know there is a problem in excel 2002, that with saving as a CSV
excel uses always the US-Setting as regional settings (not using your
choice for the seperator). If I open a *.csv with excel 2002 it uses
the regional settings for the separator. So you have only one chance
(microsoft workaround): Change your separator to the US-style (",").
In my VBA application I want to check this with the following code:

list_sep = Application.International(xlListSeparator)

to ask for the separator. But with an english WindowsXP with an
english XL2002 I always receive an ";" also with an "," as separator
in the regional settings. Any ideas?