Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Thomas Thomas is offline

Default Reading the separator from the regional settings in Excel 2002

I know there is a problem in excel 2002, that with saving as a CSV excel uses
always the US-Setting as regional settings (not using your choice for the
seperator). If I open a *.csv with excel 2002 it uses the regional settings
for the separator. So you have only one chance (microsoft workaround): Change
your separator to the US-style (","). In my VBA application I want to check
this with the following code:

list_sep = Application.International(xlListSeparator)

to ask for the separator. But with an english WindowsXP with an english
XL2002 I always receive an ";" also with an "," as separator in the regional
settings. Any ideas?