Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional Compilation using Application.Version

Hi Philip,

I need to do something like this:

#If Application.Version = 11 Then
Application.CommandBars.disablecustomize = True
#End If

the reason is, the desktop pc's are being migrated from Office 2000 to
Office 2003 and I want this code to run if the version is greater then 11
(Office 2002 ?)

The 'disablecustomize' member is not available in Office 2000...

So how can I do this...?

My preference is to late-bind to the Application object to call the
version-dependent stuff:

Dim objApp As Object

Set objApp = Application

If Val(Application.Version) = 11 Then
objApp.CommandBars.DisableCustomize = true
End If

Regards

Stephen Bullen
Microsoft MVP - Excel