Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Help in using Application.Version

? cint("10,0")
100

in a later posting the OP said they are trying to assign application.version
to an integer variable. Above might be a source of the problem although he
did say also returns 100.

Of course Frank is sitting in Frankfurt, but hasn't weighed in on this for
some reason.

Tom Ogilvy

"Charles Williams" wrote in message
Whether its a string or not, the OP says it returns 100. Maybe Msoft is

not
correct about what it returns in Gemany, (personally i dont like relying

on
MSoft documentation) in which case

iVersion=cint(left(cstr(application.version),2))

will work until we get to version 100.
Seems safer to me.

Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel Version 2 now available.
www.DecisionModels.com/FxlV2WhatsNew.htm

"Dana DeLouis" wrote in message
I don't believe the use of "CStr" is needed, as this article says that

it
is
already a string. I believe the use of "Val" is recommended, as Harald

has
pointed out.

XL2002: Application.Version Does Not Compare Versions as Expected

http://support.microsoft.com/default...34&Product=xlw

--
Dana DeLouis
Using Windows XP & Office XP

"Charles Williams" wrote in message

iVersion=cint(left(cstr(application.version),2))

regards
Charles
______________________
Decision Models
FastExcel Version 2 now available.
www.DecisionModels.com/FxlV2WhatsNew.htm

"O'Neal" wrote in message
I've been using the Application.Version function in excel
to determine the current version of the client machines.
For office xp, the version is 10.0. But in some machines
in Germany, the value returned is 100. I'm not sure if
there's a difference between the european version and us
version. Would somebody know why this is happening?
Another thing, where can I find the version being
returned? Is it in the registry?

Thanks in advance for your help!