Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add CommandBars take long time to return

Hi,

Somebody kindly try the following to see why it take so
long to return from Adding a CommandBars. The problem is
on 'setting the name' but we do need a name for the
CommandBars. Thanks for any help.

Michael T.

Application.CommandBars.Add Name:="MyName", Temporary:=True

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Thanks for trying and reply. Ok, the steps is:
1. Run Excel.
2. Do Excel menu Tools-Macros-Record New Macro'
3. Just do 'Stop Recording'
4. Open Tools-Visual Basic Editor and put the following
line into to Macro's modules function. And press F8 to
step it.
5. The line will take about 20 seconds to return.

Thanks again for all help.

MT

"Michael" wrote:

Somebody kindly try the following to see why it take

so
long to return from Adding a CommandBars. The

problem is
on 'setting the name' but we do need a name for the
CommandBars. Thanks for any help.

Michael T.

Application.CommandBars.Add Name:="MyName",

Temporary:=True
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

There's something wrong with your setup. Following your steps exactly in
XL03 and XL04 result in instantaneous return for me.

I can't imagine what would cause a 20 second delay...