Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Importing / OLE DB Query

I don't know exactly to what forum I should be posting this question
so I thought I'd start here with the gurus.

Situation:

Background:

I work in the bankrupcy department of my company. Each week there i
an excel document that is updated with new accounts that have gon
bankrupt. (I copy this document to another location so it doesn't ge
overwritten.) On my copy of the accounts I have a color coding schem
to classify each account. However, each week there are more account
added and I am currently having to go threw the entire list of account
again, color coding not only the ones I've already looked at, bu
analyzing the newly added accounts to the excel document.

The new accounts that are added to the [weekly updated] excel documen
are organized by their account number, which makes it more difficul
because the new accounts are scattered throughout and mixed in with th
older accounts.

Is there away that I can import only the newly added accounts to m
copy of the excel document on my desktop, that way all the account
that I have color coded remain color coded and I can easily go dow
through the list analyzing only the newly added accounts to the exce
document that is updated weekly?

Or in other words is there a way to only import the newly adde
accounts to my excel document without having to import the entir
document thus overwriting everything that I have done?

Is there some parameters I need to use in my Query options with th
Importing tool? Or will I have to come up with some Visual Basic Macr
or something to be able to do this?

So many questions.. phew

--
nkippe