Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Filling Blank Cells

Hi

I have Text(Peoples Names) in Column A of a worksheet with blank spaces in
between. I need to copy the Text(Peoples Names) to the next cell in the
column. My reference would always have to be the Cell above. If the next
Cell contains Text(Peoples Names) then this will be the next reference until
the first entire blank row is detected or Blanks are detected in Coumn B.

A1 = Julian
A2 = Blank
A3 = Jack
A4 = Blank

Result A2 to be Julian and A4 to be Jack

Thanks
Julian

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Select the column of data, down to the last filled cell + 1. Then Edit/Goto,
click the Special button and select Blanks. Assuming the active cell is now
A2, type the formula =A1 and press CTRL+ENTER to put the formula in all of the
blank cells.

If you need to convert these formulas to their values, select all filled cells
in column A, then it's Copy, then Edit/Paste Special and select the Values
option.