Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cannot Remove Missing References

Previously, i've composed a spreadsheet on win NT using a third part
plug-ins. Now I've migrated to winxp and use Excel 2002. When i run m
spreadsheet, an error message showing a missing references is found
When I go to toolsreferences, it shows a reference is missing, th
checkbox is clicked but I've no way to uncheck the checkbox. Can anyon
advise why it can't be unchecked. The missing references indeed exist i
the specified path, i want to remove the reference and add it again. Th
problem is i've no way to remove it

--
atkinso
atkinson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1539

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

Not sure if I can help you or not, but that happened to me once and the only
way I could correct the problem was to re open the workbook on the computer
it was created on, then remove the reference and save it. After that it
worked fine.If that is not possible, the only other suggestion I have is to
close all workbooks, open a new blank workbook, add the missing reference,
save the workbook but keep it open. Now open your problem workbook and try
to remove the reference.

HTH

Ken

---