Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default dragging userform

When I drag my userform at runtime, an outline of the userform in its old
location is left on the screen. If I dragged it across the entire screen,
nothing behind any of the userform locations that I have dragged over would
be visible.

How can I cleanly drag the userform so that it cleanly appears in only its
final location?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You have

application.ScreenUpdating = False

in your code before you show the userform. Set it to True before showing
the userform.

Tom Ogilvy

"Ron Dahl" wrote in message
When I drag my userform at runtime, an outline of the userform in its old
location is left on the screen. If I dragged it across the entire

screen,
nothing behind any of the userform locations that I have dragged over

would
be visible.

How can I cleanly drag the userform so that it cleanly appears in only its
final location?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My application has 17 userforms, and 16 of them work without this problem.
On the one with the problem, application.screenupdating = false doesn't
help.
The userform with the problem has 18 controls on it and a distinct
background color, which is more than any of my other userforms.
Is there some sort of a memory problem associated with having too many
controls on a form?

I guess I can try deleting controls one by one, and see if the problem goes
away at some point in time.
Please let me know if there is anything more that I can try.
Ron Dahl

"Ron Dahl" wrote in message
When I drag my userform at runtime, an outline of the userform in its old
location is left on the screen. If I dragged it across the entire

screen,
nothing behind any of the userform locations that I have dragged over

would
be visible.

How can I cleanly drag the userform so that it cleanly appears in only
its
final location?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Tom suggested using

Application.screenupdating=True

did you try this?

If that still doesn't work, then does your code select a Hidden shee
?
If so then this will also cause what you see

--
Ivan F Moal

Ivan F Moala's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=195
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26985

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Ivan,
I had misread Tom's suggestion and assumed that I should set the
screenupdating to false instead of setting it to true.
It's working fine now, after I set it to true.
Thanks again, Ron

"Ivan F Moala" wrote in message

Tom suggested using

Application.screenupdating=True

did you try this?

If that still doesn't work, then does your code select a Hidden sheet
?

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=269852

Dragging Art Excel Worksheet Functions 3 January 3rd 07 03:51 PM
About this dragging... Tcs Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 March 14th 06 09:02 PM
dragging Caryn B Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 July 1st 05 04:36 PM
Dragging Across Yasmeen Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 February 15th 05 01:39 PM
Linking userform to userform in Excel 2003 missmelis01 Excel Programming 2 August 27th 04 08:07 PM