Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cannot dropitem from multiselect listbox

I'm transferring data from one listbox to another based on a users
selection. Once the selection is transferred to the second listbox, I
would like to drop the items that are selected in listbox one. I'd
greatly appreciate suggestions.

thx.
Edward

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thx. Dan for your direction to a previous post. It does address my
difficulties; however, I'm still running into a run-time error with the
removeitem and clear listbox methods.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You may want to post the portion of code that's causing the trouble.

And a few more details--is this on a userform or is this on a worksheet?

And if it's on a worksheet, did you use the controls from the control toolbox
toolbar or from the Forms toolbar?

Edward Glover wrote:

Thx. Dan for your direction to a previous post. It does address my
difficulties; however, I'm still running into a run-time error with the
removeitem and clear listbox methods.

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The listboxes and cmd button objects are on a user form. I'm getting
run-time errors on the lines that contain clear and removeitem methods.
The msgbox error is Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)': Unspecified
error.

For iCtr = Me.ListBox2.ListCount - 1 To 0 Step -1
If Me.ListBox2.Selected(iCtr) = True Then
Me.ListBox2.RemoveItem iCtr
End If
Next iCtr

and

Me.ListBox1.Clear

thx. for your time.

Edward

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

How did you populate those listboxes?

If you used the .rowsource, try looping through the range and populating one at
a time or plop the values in the range into listbox:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

Dim iCtr As Long

With Me.ListBox1
.ListFillRange = Worksheets("sheet1") _
.Range("a1:a10").Address(external:=True)
End With

With Me.ListBox2
.ListFillRange = Worksheets("sheet1") _
.Range("b1:b10").Address(external:=True)
End With

Me.ListBox1.MultiSelect = fmMultiSelectMulti
Me.ListBox2.MultiSelect = fmMultiSelectMulti

End Sub

Edward Glover wrote:

The listboxes and cmd button objects are on a user form. I'm getting
run-time errors on the lines that contain clear and removeitem methods.
The msgbox error is Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)': Unspecified
error.

For iCtr = Me.ListBox2.ListCount - 1 To 0 Step -1
If Me.ListBox2.Selected(iCtr) = True Then
Me.ListBox2.RemoveItem iCtr
End If
Next iCtr

and

Me.ListBox1.Clear

thx. for your time.

Edward

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You've solved my problem. I had the range set in the listbox rowsource
properties window (Sheet1! A3:A25), however your last response led me to
populating the listbox through the userfrm_initialize procedure. This
resulted in the code executing the removeitem and clear listbox methods.

I wasn't able to take advantage of the sample code you provided because
the listfillrange listbox method was not recognized. Instead I used the
following:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

Dim cell As Range
Dim Rng As Range

With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1")
Set Rng = .Range("a3", "a25")
End With

For Each cell In Rng.Cells
Me.ListBox1.AddItem cell.Value
Next cell

Me.ListBox1.MultiSelect = fmMultiSelectMulti
Me.ListBox2.MultiSelect = fmMultiSelectMulti

End Sub

thx. for all your responses. I really appreciate your assistance.

Edward

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I pasted the wrong code (sigh).

I meant this:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

Dim iCtr As Long

With Me.ListBox1
.List = Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a1:a10").Value
End With

With Me.ListBox2
.List = Worksheets("sheet1").Range("b1:b10").Value
End With

Me.ListBox1.MultiSelect = fmMultiSelectMulti
Me.ListBox2.MultiSelect = fmMultiSelectMulti

End Sub

You don't need to go cell by cell.

(sorry.)

I think I had the worksheet version in another module and screwed up by copying
from there.