Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default MultiSelect ListBox in Excel

Is it possible to have a multiSelect ListBox or preferably
a Combobox created in Excel Toolbar.
I can get a single select, but my app demands a multi.
ANyone been here
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Pete

ListBoxes have a multiselect property. The default setting is zero.

myListBox.multiselect = 0

It is all there in VB Help. Here is an extract

Constant Value Description
fmMultiSelectSingle 0 Only one item can be selected (default).
fmMultiSelectMulti 1 Pressing the SPACEBAR or clicking selects or
deselects an item in the list.
fmMultiSelectExtended 2 Pressing SHIFT and clicking the mouse, or
pressing SHIFT and one of the arrow keys, extends the selection from the
previously selected item to the current item. Pressing CTRL and clicking the
mouse selects or deselects an item.

Remarks

When the MultiSelect property is set to Extended or Simple, you must use the
list box's Selected property to determine the selected items. Also, the
Value property of the control is always Null.

The ListIndex property returns the index of the row with the keyboard focus

Regards

Paul