Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can I have a multiselect option for a list box in excel 2003

I am working with Excel 2003, I created different list boxes for different
fields but I wanted to know if I could select more then one answer by using
CTRL command? Is that only available for later versions?
thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, you can.

Depending on what type of listbox it is and where it's located, the instructions
to modify the settings would be different.

If it's a listbox from the Forms toobar placed on the sheet, then rightclick on
it and choose Format Control, then Control tab and choose Multi.

If it's a listbox from the Control toolbox toolbar placed on a worksheet, then
rightclick on it (while in design mode) and choose properties.

Then look for the .Multiselect property and choose 1- fmMultiSelectMulti.

If it's a listbox on a userform, then show the properties and look for the
..multiselect property (like the listbox from the control toolbox toolbar on a
worksheet).

All of this could be set via code, too.

Be aware that you don't get a linked cell for a listbox with multiselect.
You'll need some code to get the chosen items.

If you need help with that, you'll have to share the type of listbox and where
it is -- and what you want to do with the selected items.

--

Dave Peterson