-   -   Cannot dropitem from multiselect listbox (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/313609-cannot-dropitem-multiselect-listbox.html)

ej_user

Cannot dropitem from multiselect listbox

I'm transferring data from one listbox to another based on a users
selection. Once the selection is transferred to the second listbox, I
would like to drop the items that are selected in listbox one. I'd
greatly appreciate suggestions.

thx.
Edward

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Cannot dropitem from multiselect listbox

Maybe this will help:

http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...1043%40msn.com

--

Dave Peterson

Edward Glover[_2_]

Cannot dropitem from multiselect listbox

Thx. Dan for your direction to a previous post. It does address my
difficulties; however, I'm still running into a run-time error with the
removeitem and clear listbox methods.

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Cannot dropitem from multiselect listbox

You may want to post the portion of code that's causing the trouble.

And a few more details--is this on a userform or is this on a worksheet?

And if it's on a worksheet, did you use the controls from the control toolbox
toolbar or from the Forms toolbar?

Edward Glover wrote:

Thx. Dan for your direction to a previous post. It does address my
difficulties; however, I'm still running into a run-time error with the
removeitem and clear listbox methods.

Dave Peterson

Edward Glover[_2_]

Cannot dropitem from multiselect listbox

The listboxes and cmd button objects are on a user form. I'm getting
run-time errors on the lines that contain clear and removeitem methods.
The msgbox error is Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)': Unspecified
error.

For iCtr = Me.ListBox2.ListCount - 1 To 0 Step -1
If Me.ListBox2.Selected(iCtr) = True Then
Me.ListBox2.RemoveItem iCtr
End If
Next iCtr

and

Me.ListBox1.Clear

thx. for your time.

Edward

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Cannot dropitem from multiselect listbox

How did you populate those listboxes?

If you used the .rowsource, try looping through the range and populating one at
a time or plop the values in the range into listbox:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

Dim iCtr As Long

With Me.ListBox1
.ListFillRange = Worksheets("sheet1") _
.Range("a1:a10").Address(external:=True)
End With

With Me.ListBox2
.ListFillRange = Worksheets("sheet1") _
.Range("b1:b10").Address(external:=True)
End With

Me.ListBox1.MultiSelect = fmMultiSelectMulti
Me.ListBox2.MultiSelect = fmMultiSelectMulti

End Sub

Edward Glover wrote:

The listboxes and cmd button objects are on a user form. I'm getting
run-time errors on the lines that contain clear and removeitem methods.
The msgbox error is Run-time error '-2147467259 (80004005)': Unspecified
error.

For iCtr = Me.ListBox2.ListCount - 1 To 0 Step -1
If Me.ListBox2.Selected(iCtr) = True Then
Me.ListBox2.RemoveItem iCtr
End If
Next iCtr

and

Me.ListBox1.Clear

thx. for your time.

Edward

Dave Peterson

Edward Glover[_2_]

Cannot dropitem from multiselect listbox

You've solved my problem. I had the range set in the listbox rowsource
properties window (Sheet1! A3:A25), however your last response led me to
populating the listbox through the userfrm_initialize procedure. This
resulted in the code executing the removeitem and clear listbox methods.

I wasn't able to take advantage of the sample code you provided because
the listfillrange listbox method was not recognized. Instead I used the
following:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

Dim cell As Range
Dim Rng As Range

With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Sheet1")
Set Rng = .Range("a3", "a25")
End With

For Each cell In Rng.Cells
Me.ListBox1.AddItem cell.Value
Next cell

Me.ListBox1.MultiSelect = fmMultiSelectMulti
Me.ListBox2.MultiSelect = fmMultiSelectMulti

End Sub

thx. for all your responses. I really appreciate your assistance.

Edward

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Cannot dropitem from multiselect listbox

I pasted the wrong code (sigh).

I meant this:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

Dim iCtr As Long

With Me.ListBox1
.List = Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a1:a10").Value
End With

With Me.ListBox2
.List = Worksheets("sheet1").Range("b1:b10").Value
End With

Me.ListBox1.MultiSelect = fmMultiSelectMulti
Me.ListBox2.MultiSelect = fmMultiSelectMulti

End Sub

You don't need to go cell by cell.

(sorry.)

I think I had the worksheet version in another module and screwed up by copying
from there.