Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Calcultae % with empty cells

Hi,
Suppose I have a range from A1 to C6
I need to calculate a % out of these 18 cells
I currently use the formula: (sum(A1:C6)*18)/100
This is correct if all cells contain a value, but whet if 3 cells are left
empty???
What should the formula be in that case?
Thanks
JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Jean-Paul,

Try:

Sum(A1:C6)*Count(A1:C6)/100

HTH,
Nikos

"Jean-Paul De Winter" wrote in message
Suppose I have a range from A1 to C6
I need to calculate a % out of these 18 cells
I currently use the formula: (sum(A1:C6)*18)/100
This is correct if all cells contain a value, but whet if 3 cells are left
empty???
What should the formula be in that case?
Thanks
JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not just

=AVERAGE(A1:C6)*100

or =AVERAGE(A1:C6)

and format as percentage

--

HTH

RP

"Nikos Yannacopoulos" wrote in message
Jean-Paul,

Try:

Sum(A1:C6)*Count(A1:C6)/100

HTH,
Nikos

"Jean-Paul De Winter" wrote in message
Suppose I have a range from A1 to C6
I need to calculate a % out of these 18 cells
I currently use the formula: (sum(A1:C6)*18)/100
This is correct if all cells contain a value, but whet if 3 cells are

left
empty???
What should the formula be in that case?
Thanks
JP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

oops, forget that, losing it!