-   -   Calcultae % with empty cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/313521-calcultae-%25-empty-cells.html)

Jean-Paul De Winter

Calcultae % with empty cells

Hi,
Suppose I have a range from A1 to C6
I need to calculate a % out of these 18 cells
I currently use the formula: (sum(A1:C6)*18)/100
This is correct if all cells contain a value, but whet if 3 cells are left
empty???
What should the formula be in that case?
Thanks
JP

Nikos Yannacopoulos[_5_]

Calcultae % with empty cells

Jean-Paul,

Try:

Sum(A1:C6)*Count(A1:C6)/100

HTH,
Nikos

"Jean-Paul De Winter" wrote in message
Suppose I have a range from A1 to C6
I need to calculate a % out of these 18 cells
I currently use the formula: (sum(A1:C6)*18)/100
This is correct if all cells contain a value, but whet if 3 cells are left
empty???
What should the formula be in that case?
Thanks
JP

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Calcultae % with empty cells

Why not just

=AVERAGE(A1:C6)*100

or =AVERAGE(A1:C6)

and format as percentage

--

HTH

RP

"Nikos Yannacopoulos" wrote in message
Jean-Paul,

Try:

Sum(A1:C6)*Count(A1:C6)/100

HTH,
Nikos

"Jean-Paul De Winter" wrote in message
Suppose I have a range from A1 to C6
I need to calculate a % out of these 18 cells
I currently use the formula: (sum(A1:C6)*18)/100
This is correct if all cells contain a value, but whet if 3 cells are

left
empty???
What should the formula be in that case?
Thanks
JP

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Calcultae % with empty cells