Maribel

Default When I SUM cells & 1 is empty I need the result to be empty not 0

I am summing up cells from two different sheets (1, 2) onto a third. Some of
the cell values on the first two sheets may not have anything in them, yet
when I type in my formula on the 3rd sheet to sum the cells, I get a 0 value.
The project I am working on has values of 0, 1, 2, and 3, so when there is a
missing value I need to know about it (I do not know how to get Excel to do
this - get no value, not even 0 in the results). Yet, right now when there
is a missing value, I get a result of 0, which is confusing since that is one
of the values I am interested in. Any help? Does this make sense?
Rowan

You can check the value of the cells you are summing before going ahead with
the calculation. So you could change the formula:

=Sheet1!A1+Sheet2!A1

to:

=IF(OR(Sheet1!A1<"",Sheet2!A1<""),Sheet1!A1+Shee t2!A1,"")

Hope this helps
Rowan