Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Sharing macros - extreme newbie question I know.

I have written several macros in excel that present a form to the use
then connects to a database to bring in information directly to th
spreadsheet. My question is: How do I install (I guess that is th
correct word) these macros on others machines so they can use thes
macros? Are Add-Ins the answer? I have created an Add-In but no
what? Your replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks

--rya

--
rfalk
rfalke's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1526

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put the addin in a central location. then the user can do Tools=Addins and
nagivate the addin and select it.

However, you need to have your addin create a toolbar or menu to run the
macros, because the macros in the addin will not be visible in
Tools=Macro=Macros.

Tom Ogilvy

"rfalke" wrote in message

I have written several macros in excel that present a form to the user
then connects to a database to bring in information directly to the
spreadsheet. My question is: How do I install (I guess that is the
correct word) these macros on others machines so they can use these
macros? Are Add-Ins the answer? I have created an Add-In but now
what? Your replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks

--ryan

--
rfalke
rfalke's Profile: