Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba

Default Problem with displaying characters in excel sheet

I an excel sheet, I am displaying a character alpha "?". But when I retrieve
this chaarcter though a messagebox function in VB editor, say
msgbox mysheet.cells(4,5) then it shows "a" and not alpha...

What am I missing ?

TIA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba

How a character displays is depenent on the font used to display it.
Perhaps you want to use a Userform/textbox or label to display it since that
would allow you to specify a font to display it with.

Tom Ogilvy

"Noee" wrote in message
I an excel sheet, I am displaying a character alpha "?". But when I

retrieve
this chaarcter though a messagebox function in VB editor, say
msgbox mysheet.cells(4,5) then it shows "a" and not alpha...

What am I missing ?

TIA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba

Thanks for the response Tom.
But I specifically want to display this charater in a messagebox.
Do you mean that I can do it with a textbox but not with a messagebox ?
If yes, what font do I use to show it in a textbox or label ??
Thanks for your time !!

"Noee" wrote in message
I an excel sheet, I am displaying a character alpha "?". But when I

retrieve
this chaarcter though a messagebox function in VB editor, say
msgbox mysheet.cells(4,5) then it shows "a" and not alpha...

What am I missing ?

TIA.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.office.developer.vba

What font is used to display it now.
In your email, the character is shown as "?" (a question mark). I suspsect
that is not what we are talking about.

Anyway, in your userform, set the font property to the font being used in
the cell.

You can't change the font in a msgbox dynamically - at least not with the
built in properties provided (you may be able to do it using Windows API
calls).

Tom Ogilvy