Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Japanese Excel and English

Dumb question of the day: If I were to go to our Japanese
facility where they use the Japanese version of Excel,
would I be able to create VBA in English? What about
functions? Can a guy toggle the language?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't think you will have any problems with vba and functions. There are a
few things specific to Far Eastern languages which I don't suppose you will
be using.

The only issue is typically the Normal font on Japanese systems will not
exist on most English systems. Numbers will be OK but you may need to
install a Japanese font on your English system to display non Latin
characters correctly, or reformat the font.

Regards,
Peter

"ROUNDEYE" wrote in message
Dumb question of the day: If I were to go to our Japanese
facility where they use the Japanese version of Excel,
would I be able to create VBA in English? What about
functions? Can a guy toggle the language?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I misread your question, I was thinking in terms of transferring files. But
you said "If I were to go to our Japanese facility"

It's a few years since I was in Japan and used Excel. Menus were, of course,
all in Japanese. Did what I could by remembering layout of menus, couldn't
have managed without icons! At the time it was not possible to toggle
languages. But maybe things have changed with newer versions / systems. I
don't know - why not ask your Japanese facility.

Regards,
Peter