Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Distribute calendar.ocx within an excel file ?

Hi All,

I would like to be able to use the active-x calendar control
(calendar.ocx) in an excel application that we use.

However, it appears that this is not installed, by default, in all
Win2K / WinXP configurations.

Therefore, I am thinking that I could, perhaps, embed that file in my
excel file, and then check to see if the user has it installed before
running the rest of the code.

If that were to work, I think I would need to:

1) Embed the file in the workbook (trivial)

2) Check whether the user has it on their hard disk, an if not,
extract from the workbook to their hard disk

3) Check whether it is registered, and if not, register

Before I embark on this mini quest, does anyone see any issues with
this approach?

Am I missing a much simpler option?

Thanks,

Alan.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Allan
There can not be anything simpler.
I have been trying to do the same. If you have developed some way for
distribution of calendar.ocx, please tell me.

-Raju Tolani
"Alan" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"R K TOLANI" wrote in message

Hi Allan
There can not be anything simpler.
I have been trying to do the same. If you have developed some way
for distribution of calendar.ocx, please tell me.

Hi,

No luck so far, but perhaps someone will notice this 'bump' and have a
bright idea....

Thanks,

Alan.