Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Distribute Personl.xls and excel.xlb for net use

I have created an excel makro which I saved in my
personl.xls. The makro was assigned to the menu.
Now I want to share this makro with other users. So I
copied the my personl.xls and excel.xlb and inserted the
files in the respective folders of the another user.
When this user starts Excel and wants to run the makro
from the menu the user gets the error message that
personl.xls is already open. However, the user can run the
makro from the tools menu. How can I solve this problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's a very, very bad idea to replace other people's excel.xlb files.
You just *destroyed all* their customization. Instead, change your
code so that it behaves nicely. When it is loaded it creates the
relevant menu/commandbar items (after checking for their existence) and
removes them when it is unloaded.

Also, consider distributing your code in the form of an add-in. For
more, see http://groups.google.com/groups?
selm=MPG.185a8ddd52ccd5ce98a88c%40msnews.microsoft .com

Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,