Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Nested Ifs

I need 3 consecutive message boxes to show if conditions are met
and User responds yes.
I can make 2 work but I can't get the 3rd IF to work.
e.g.,
This portion works fine:
--------------------------------
If date1 Date Then
MsgBox "Cancel Action", vbOKOnly
ElseIf date1 <= Date Then
MsgBox " Are you sure?",vbYesNoCancel
--------------------
'This last one is the one I need help with:

If Response = vbYes Then
MsgBox "Do Action",vbYesNoCancel
------------------------------
Thanks in advance, you are all great!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If date1 Date Then
MsgBox "Cancel Action", vbOKOnly
ElseIf date1 <= Date Then
Response = MsgBox (" Are you sure?",vbYesNoCancel)
If Response = vbYes Then
MsgBox "Do Action",vbYesNoCancel

Indenting helps to see the flow.

--

HTH

RP

"Myriam" wrote in message
I need 3 consecutive message boxes to show if conditions are met
and User responds yes.
I can make 2 work but I can't get the 3rd IF to work.
e.g.,
This portion works fine:
--------------------------------
If date1 Date Then
MsgBox "Cancel Action", vbOKOnly
ElseIf date1 <= Date Then
MsgBox " Are you sure?",vbYesNoCancel
--------------------
'This last one is the one I need help with:

If Response = vbYes Then
MsgBox "Do Action",vbYesNoCancel
------------------------------
Thanks in advance, you are all great!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Bob,
I thought I had it all but I am still having trouble with the vbNo.
Where do you position the vbNo 'do nothing ?
Thanks,

"Myriam" wrote in message
I need 3 consecutive message boxes to show if conditions are met
and User responds yes.
I can make 2 work but I can't get the 3rd IF to work.
e.g.,
This portion works fine:
--------------------------------
If date1 Date Then
MsgBox "Cancel Action", vbOKOnly
ElseIf date1 <= Date Then
MsgBox " Are you sure?",vbYesNoCancel
--------------------
'This last one is the one I need help with:

If Response = vbYes Then
MsgBox "Do Action",vbYesNoCancel
------------------------------
Thanks in advance, you are all great!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Myriam,

As it is the vbNo does nothing already.

YOu are not referring to the first message are you?

--

HTH

RP

"Myriam" wrote in message
I need 3 consecutive message boxes to show if conditions are met
and User responds yes.
I can make 2 work but I can't get the 3rd IF to work.
e.g.,
This portion works fine:
--------------------------------
If date1 Date Then
MsgBox "Cancel Action", vbOKOnly
ElseIf date1 <= Date Then
MsgBox " Are you sure?",vbYesNoCancel
--------------------
'This last one is the one I need help with:

If Response = vbYes Then
MsgBox "Do Action",vbYesNoCancel
------------------------------
Thanks in advance, you are all great!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Yes, Bob, I still need more help.
See below:

If date1 Date Then
MsgBox "Cancel Action", vbOKOnly
ElseIf date1 <= Date Then
Response = MsgBox (" Are you sure?",vbYesNoCancel)
If Response =vbNo
'do nothing
ElseIf Response = vbYes Then
MsgBox "Do Action",vbYesNoCancel
If Response=vbNo
'do nothing
ElseIf Response =vbYes
Save....etc.....do the specified action
----------------------
The 1st vbNo 'do nothing works fine. It is the second response that still
preforms
the actions as if the response had been a vbYes.
In other words vbYes and vb No perform the action that should only be done
if vbYes is pressed.
Thanks!

---------------------

"Myriam" wrote in message
I need 3 consecutive message boxes to show if conditions are met
and User responds yes.
I can make 2 work but I can't get the 3rd IF to work.
e.g.,
This portion works fine:
--------------------------------
If date1 Date Then
MsgBox "Cancel Action", vbOKOnly
ElseIf date1 <= Date Then
MsgBox " Are you sure?",vbYesNoCancel
--------------------
'This last one is the one I need help with:

If Response = vbYes Then
MsgBox "Do Action",vbYesNoCancel
------------------------------
Thanks in advance, you are all great!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Myriam,

How is this?

If date1 Date Then
MsgBox "Cancel Action", vbOKOnly
ElseIf date1 <= Date Then
Response = MsgBox(" Are you sure?", vbYesNoCancel)
If Response = vbNo Then
'do nothing
ElseIf Response = vbYes Then
Response = MsgBox("Do Action", vbYesNoCancel)
If Response = vbNo Then
'do nothing
ElseIf Response = vbYes Then

"Myriam" wrote in message
I need 3 consecutive message boxes to show if conditions are met
and User responds yes.
I can make 2 work but I can't get the 3rd IF to work.
e.g.,
This portion works fine:
--------------------------------
If date1 Date Then
MsgBox "Cancel Action", vbOKOnly
ElseIf date1 <= Date Then
MsgBox " Are you sure?",vbYesNoCancel
--------------------
'This last one is the one I need help with:

If Response = vbYes Then
MsgBox "Do Action",vbYesNoCancel
------------------------------
Thanks in advance, you are all great!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It's still doing the same. vbNo and Cancel are acting just like vbYes in the
last msg.
Does it work in yours? Maybe I need to clean my wkbk?

"Myriam" wrote in message
I need 3 consecutive message boxes to show if conditions are met
and User responds yes.
I can make 2 work but I can't get the 3rd IF to work.
e.g.,
This portion works fine:
--------------------------------
If date1 Date Then
MsgBox "Cancel Action", vbOKOnly
ElseIf date1 <= Date Then
MsgBox " Are you sure?",vbYesNoCancel
--------------------
'This last one is the one I need help with:

If Response = vbYes Then
MsgBox "Do Action",vbYesNoCancel
------------------------------
Thanks in advance, you are all great!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I don't know what your problem could be. I ran the following, and got the
proper feedback as to what my response was to the Do Action message.

Sub Test()
Dim Date1 As Date
Dim Response As Long

Date1 = Int(Now()) - 1

If Date1 Date Then
MsgBox "Cancel Action", vbOKOnly

ElseIf Date1 <= Date Then
Response = MsgBox(" Are you sure?", vbYesNoCancel)

If Response = vbNo Then

ElseIf Response = vbYes Then
Response = MsgBox("Do Action", vbYesNoCancel)

If Response = vbNo Then
MsgBox "no"
ElseIf Response = vbCancel Then
MsgBox "cancel"
ElseIf Response = vbYes Then
MsgBox "yes"

BTW, you don't really need to parts where you test for something but then
don't do anything, i.e. it could be just

Sub Test()
Dim Date1 As Date
Dim Response As Long

Date1 = Int(Now()) - 1

If Date1 Date Then
MsgBox "Cancel Action", vbOKOnly

ElseIf Date1 <= Date Then
Response = MsgBox(" Are you sure?", vbYesNoCancel)

If Response = vbYes Then
Response = MsgBox("Do Action", vbYesNoCancel)

If Response = vbYes Then
MsgBox "yes"