Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Nested IFs

Hi.

I have three sheets. They are named:

a - f
g - o
p - z

I want to search through them to obtain a VLOOKUP.

The VLOOKUP takes place in another sheet in this workbook.

When all is in one "table" (named range), the VLOOKUP works fine.
I need to split the 'table up into three worksheets, as named above.

I think I need some kind of nested IF statement to perform the lookup
across the three above named sheets though, right?

The named ranges for the above sheet 'tables' mentioned above are
'atof','gtoo', and 'ptoz' That makes calling them out easier than sheet
name and cell array iterations. "FlicNum" is a single cell named range
that holds the lookup value. "MovieList" is the single sheet version
named range.

So, I do VLOOKUP(FlicNum,MovieList,3,False)

and it finds the exact match, no problem.

I want to replace "MovieList" with a hunt through the three named
ranges of the split sheets (atof, gtoo, ptoz). I think it is like a
nested IF thing.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Although a formula could do this, I think I might prefer a macro using FIND
and OFFSET.

I'll take a look in the morning
--
Don Guillett