Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Date/Time Picker

I don't have the DTPicker control in my control toolbox. I looked in the
"additional controls" and only saw the "calendar" control. Where do I find
the DTPicker control?
Thanx in advance for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Assuming in the VBE editing a userform:
did you do Additional Controls in Tools=Additional controls (A userform
should have the focus)

In the workbook, click the other controls button at the bottom of the
control toolbox toolbar (the crossed tools icon).

Tom Ogilvy

"Obie" wrote in message
I don't have the DTPicker control in my control toolbox. I looked in the
"additional controls" and only saw the "calendar" control. Where do I

find
the DTPicker control?
Thanx in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Read Chip Pearson's note's

The DTPicker (Date Time Picker) control is distributed with the
Visual Studio applications (Visual Basic (not VBA), Visual C++,
etc), not with Office/VBA. You will have to purchase a VS or VSNET
application.

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Obie" wrote in message ...
I don't have the DTPicker control in my control toolbox. I looked in the
"additional controls" and only saw the "calendar" control. Where do I find
the DTPicker control?
Thanx in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Ron:
Thanx for your help. I actually have VS.Net. I use Date/Time Picker in
VB.Net, but I'm trying to use it in VBA. Is it possible to get the control
from VB.Net?

"Obie" wrote in message ...
I don't have the DTPicker control in my control toolbox. I looked in the
"additional controls" and only saw the "calendar" control. Where do I find
the DTPicker control?
Thanx in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Obie

In the VBA editor
Right click on the Toolbox with controls (View Toolbox)
Choose Additional controls

Is it on this list?

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Obie" wrote in message ...
I don't have the DTPicker control in my control toolbox. I looked in the
"additional controls" and only saw the "calendar" control. Where do I find
the DTPicker control?
Thanx in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tom:
Thanx for your help. I looked at "additional controls" in both places (ie
Tools=Additional Controls, and by right-clicking at the bottom of the
toolbox. They go to the same dialog box, and there's no DTPicker there.
Just the "calendar" which is a different thing really.

"Obie" wrote in message
I don't have the DTPicker control in my control toolbox. I looked in the
"additional controls" and only saw the "calendar" control. Where do I

find
the DTPicker control?
Thanx in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob:
Thanx for your help. I have looked under this title and found the control
under ASP.Net. I guess I can download it from there. First, I'll install my
VB.Net and see if it gets picked up from there.

"Obie" wrote in message
I don't have the DTPicker control in my control toolbox. I looked in

the
"additional controls" and only saw the "calendar" control. Where do I

find
the DTPicker control?
Thanx in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

That would mean it isn't installed on your system. I believe Ron advised
that it is distributed with Visual Studio or also with one of the languages
found in Visual Studio. I am not familiar with the licensing restrictions
on it, so I can't advise. My advice assumed you had a valid copy of the
control installed.

Tom Ogilvy

"Obie" wrote in message
I don't have the DTPicker control in my control toolbox. I looked in

the
"additional controls" and only saw the "calendar" control. Where do I

find
the DTPicker control?
Thanx in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Bob:
Yes, the name is "Microsoft Date and Time Picker, Version 6.0".
I think it showed up on the "additional control" list only after I installed
VS.Net. Infact, I see many other good controls there.
Thanx a lot for the useful tip.

"Obie" wrote in message
I don't have the DTPicker control in my control toolbox. I looked in

the
"additional controls" and only saw the "calendar" control. Where do I

find
the DTPicker control?
Thanx in advance for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Obie,

Yeah it's version 6.0, I guess it's also from my VS.Net.

Glad you are all sorted.

Bob