Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dynamic WorkBook Linking

Hello

Apologies if this has been asked before but I searhced and didnt fin
anything so here goes

I have 52 workbooks named 1.xls - 52.xls they are schedules fo
inbound operations booking delivereis in and out of the warehous
etc

I I want to have a file named output.xls that allows me to select an
4 sequential workbooks i.e. 3.xls - 6.xls and produce graphs based o
those specific workbooks

Is it possible to have a cell that when a number is entered it form
the link. I think it should be simple as the name of the bokos ar
controlled but i cant seem to be able to do it

I've looked a
http://www.ozgrid.com/FreeDownloads/...ngExternal.zip but can
seem to see how it works

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheer
Richar
--------
Message sent via www.excelforums.com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If the workbooks are open, you can use the Indirect worksheet function.

If not, you can use a macro to build the hardcoded formulas to retrieve the
values into the cells for graphing.

Tom Ogilvy

"Richard - ExcelForums.com"
wrote in message ...
Hello,

Apologies if this has been asked before but I searhced and didnt find
anything so here goes.

I have 52 workbooks named 1.xls - 52.xls they are schedules for
inbound operations booking delivereis in and out of the warehouse
etc.

I I want to have a file named output.xls that allows me to select any
4 sequential workbooks i.e. 3.xls - 6.xls and produce graphs based on
those specific workbooks.

Is it possible to have a cell that when a number is entered it forms
the link. I think it should be simple as the name of the bokos are
controlled but i cant seem to be able to do it.

I've looked at
http://www.ozgrid.com/FreeDownloads/...ngExternal.zip but cant
seem to see how it works.

Any help greatly appreciated.