Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default If-Then-Else resulting in DIV/0 error

Let me rephrase what I am trying to accomplish.... I am creating a macr
in Excel. When I click on the macro button I have a series of inpu
boxes,then if there isn't a match to the specified criteria I recieve
msgbox. But on the excel sheet I also have a summary statistics whic
contains a daverage function. When the criteria isn't met the Averag
Salary total converts to a div/0 error code. My assignment stated
needed to insert and If statement to compare the value of the activ
cell (Qualified Employees) to zero, and if it is zero then all of th
summary statistics should display 0. I can attach my excel sheet if i
would help.
Thanks for all the help! The book hasn't explained how to incorporat
nulling out the daverage function

--
scape
scapen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1515

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

it sounds like you have a =daverage(a,b,c) formaul entered on yo
worksheet. if so, change this to =if(count(range with qualifie
employees)=0,0,daverage(a,b,c)

--
duan
duane's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=1162