Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default WORKDAY resulting in #VALUE error

Hi,

Im using the below formula:

=WORKDAY(DATE(YEAR(C6),MONTH(C6),DAY(C6)),5,Holida y)

where C6 = 4/24/2008 in mm/dd/yyyy format and Holiday is a named range with
a list of holidays.

Im getting a #VALUE error. Pls help me to fix this problem.

The forumla works if I give 0, instead of 5 in the above formula...

TIA
- Joseph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 03:44:00 -0700, Joseph
wrote:

Hi,

Im using the below formula:

=WORKDAY(DATE(YEAR(C6),MONTH(C6),DAY(C6)),5,Holid ay)

where C6 = 4/24/2008 in mm/dd/yyyy format and Holiday is a named range with
a list of holidays.

Im getting a #VALUE error. Pls help me to fix this problem.

The forumla works if I give 0, instead of 5 in the above formula...

TIA
- Joseph

I guess that one or more of the cells in the Holiday range is non
numeric, e.g. you may have put some text or just a blank there by
mistake. Have a check.

Lars-Åke
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I checked that too....all the values in the range are dates ...

Analysis tool pack is also included....

- Joseph

wrote:

Hi,

Im using the below formula:

=WORKDAY(DATE(YEAR(C6),MONTH(C6),DAY(C6)),5,Holid ay)

where C6 = 4/24/2008 in mm/dd/yyyy format and Holiday is a named range with
a list of holidays.

Im getting a #VALUE error. Pls help me to fix this problem.

The forumla works if I give 0, instead of 5 in the above formula...

TIA
- Joseph

I guess that one or more of the cells in the Holiday range is non
numeric, e.g. you may have put some text or just a blank there by
mistake. Have a check.

Lars-Ã…ke

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I checked again and found that I left the header ("Holiday") also in the
list. I removed that and the formula is working!

Thanks a lot!

- Joseph