Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Removing Excel password.

Hello Tim,

Change:
Password:=""

Password:=Empty

Hope this helps,

Kris

-----Original Message-----
Hi,

I am using the following code ( VB.NET) to try and

remove a password from a
Excel Workbook.

objWB.SaveAs(Filename:=objWB.FullName,
FileFormat:=Excel.XlFileFormat.xlWorkbookNormal ,

Password:="",
WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False,

CreateBackup:=False)

But it is not working.

I can set different passwords, but when I try to remove

it, it does not
work.

Any ideas

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Forgot about the WriteResPassword:="".

Change that one to:
WriteResPassword:=Empty to remove that password as well.

Hope this helps,

Kris

I am using the following code ( VB.NET) to try and

remove a password from a
Excel Workbook.

objWB.SaveAs(Filename:=objWB.FullName,
FileFormat:=Excel.XlFileFormat.xlWorkbookNorma l,

Password:="",
WriteResPassword:="", ReadOnlyRecommended:=False,

CreateBackup:=False)

But it is not working.

I can set different passwords, but when I try to remove

it, it does not
work.

Any ideas

.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tim,

Have you tried Kris's suggestion?
If you still have any concern on this issue, please feel free to post here.

Best regards,

Peter Huang
Microsoft Online Partner Support

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming