Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro that copies range to new sheet

I'm trying to get a macro to copy rows in column A to new sheets based
on the value in row A. I really could use some help! Thanks so much.

For example

original sheet has the values:

Column A, Column B
Red, 123
Red, 234
Red, 111
Blue, 124
Blue, 453
Yellow, 234
Yellow, 531
Yellow, 123

.... and the macro makes three new sheets:

New sheet1:
Column A, Column B
Red, 123
Red, 234
Red, 111

New sheet2:
Column A, Column B
Blue, 124
Blue, 453

New sheet3:
Column A, Column B
Yellow, 234
Yellow, 531
Yellow, 123
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

if you are familiar with VBA, then you could use some sample exce
sheets from debra's website www.contextures.com to hit the groun
running.

go over to the Files link, and download two sample files CopyToWkbk.xl
and ExtractUnique.xls. you could tweak and combine the two to get a cod
which fits your requirement

--
icestationzbr
icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=458

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try this example (last macro)
http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jeff" wrote in message om...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks! These worked very well. You helped me save someone about one
day of work / month.